WEDDING LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
for Marriage in Australia
Marriage Celebrant needs to sight Originals of All Documents.
You must be over the age of 18.
|If you are a resident of Australia,
you will need Originals of ALL DOCUMENTS :
- Birth Certificates,
- Divorce Papers, Death Certificate if widowed
- Certificate of Name Change, if name has been changed other than by previous marriage.
NB: Your signatures on Notice of Intended Marriage can ONLY be witnessed by those mentioned on the back of the Form:
(a) for couples living in Australia or
(b) for couples living overseas.
|If you are coming from Overseas for your marriage,
you will need:
- all of the above, except that a current Overseas Passport will be accepted if you have a problem securing your Birth Certificate.
- You MUST have your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) Form witnessed by ONLY - an Australian Embassy/Consular Authorized Staff member or a Notary Public of your country. See a Law Firm in your home town for lists of these.
- Any documents NOT in English need to be translated and originals of both to be brought with you for Celebrant to SIGHT before a Ceremony can be officiated.
The Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NOIM) Download Here (USE BLACK INK and CAPITALS please.)
This Form MUST be in the possession of the Celebrant no later than 1 month and 1 day before your wedding day,
but the sooner the better.
Please SCAN it and EMAIL asap or FAX. You can post if time is not a problem.
Fax : +61 7 4045 2044
Kay Earl - Civil Marriage Celebrant
28 Mann St.,
REMEMBER TO BRING the Originals of all documents with you to be sighted by me, BEFORE a marriage can take place
Justice of the Peace (Qual), Convenor of the Nth. Qld. Celebrants Group (NQCG)
Kay EARL – CAIRNS WEDDINGS